Avochato for Salesforce - Overview
See all the features Avochato for Salesforce offers, and how to integrate your messages directly into Salesforce.
To integrate your messages directly into Salesforce, Avochato offers a wide variety of integration options that can be tailored to your company’s use case. Below, we offer a brief overview and links to additional information regarding each of the various ways that your team can integrate Avochato and Salesforce data.
There are several ways that Avochato and Salesforce can share data. You can sync information about your Salesforce Contacts (or other Salesforce objects), or message activity, or information collected via Survey in Avochato.
Syncing Data from Avochato to Salesforce
- Linking Avochato Contacts and Salesforce Contacts/Leads: Understand the default behavior of how your Avochato account will lookup the right Salesforce record to sync with a given Avochato Contact.
- Linking Avochato Contacts and Salesforce Custom Objects: for additional customization, configure your account to find a different Salesforce record of your choosing.
- Message and Call Activities: Every time your team sends or receives a message in Avochato, automatically log the message as a Task in Salesforce.
- Contact Field Syncing: Whenever a Contact in Avochato is updated, save that information to the associated Salesforce record of your choice. This is especially useful when collecting information via text message survey, or collecting information from the website widget. Explore advance custom field syncing options to bring even richer contextual data into your Salesforce records.
- Automatic Record Creation: Every time you create a new Contact in Avochato, such as through a website widget submission, you can automatically create a record in Salesforce.
Syncing Data from Salesforce to Avochato
- Import Contacts Button: Once you have integrated with Salesforce, you can easily perform a one-time import of all Contact Records in your Salesforce account.
- Using Flow Builder or Process Builder: With the “Avochato – Update Contact” action option in Process Builder or Flow Builder, any Salesforce Record changes can update the associated Avochato Contact automatically. For more advanced API use cases, you can leverage the Avochato API Client from Apex.
- Record Ownership Syncing: We offer fine controls of ownership syncing and allow you to use either Avochato or Salesforce for ownership assignment rules. Get in touch with our team for more information.
Service Cloud: Working with Cases
For support-oriented teams who use Cases for handling tickets, Avochato can integrate easily into your current Service Cloud work flows.
- Text-to-Case: Create Cases automatically from inbound messages or widget submissions.
- Pre-Chat Survey: When customers contact you, collect information from them using Avochato’s website widget, and sync that data to the Case.
- Post-Chat Survey: After your team members complete a Conversation, they can fill out an optional internal survey to record the category or disposition of the matter at hand.
Embedding the Avochato Component
- Record Pages: Send and receive photos, videos, and text messages directly from any Record Page by embedding the Avochato component.
- Utility Bar: The component can also be accessed from the Utility Bar, allowing for easy messaging capability while navigating other parts of Salesforce.
- Classic: The Avochato component can be embedded on Salesforce Classic, though with some limitations.
- Standalone Tab: The entire Avochato interface can be included as a tab within Salesforce, allowing for access to the entirety of the Avochato platform.
Sending Automated Messages from Salesforce
- Flow & Process Builder: The Avochato “Send Message” action can easily be included in any of your Flow & Process Builder workflows.
- Broadcast from List View: Send messages to multiple Contacts at once by creating a Broadcast message directly from a List View of Salesforce Leads, Contacts, or any other Salesforce Object.
- Marketing Cloud: Incorporate Avochato messages directly into your Marketing Cloud Journeys.
Installation Guide: AppExchange and Managed Package Onboarding
When you’re ready to get started, here are the steps you can take to install Avochato and incorporate some of the behaviors mentioned above.
- Installing the Managed Package: How to download the Avochato managed package from the AppExchange listing.
- Trial and Post-Trial: Common scenarios you might encounter after installing the Avochato managed package.
- Signing Up for Avochato: In order to successfully start using Avochato, go here to ensure that you have a valid trial or plan on the Avochato platform in addition to the Salesforce managed package.
- Purchasing Licenses: For each Salesforce user who is interacting with Avochato within Salesforce, you will need to purchase a license. Follow this short guide to apply those licenses to your Salesforce users.
- Setup Tab: Once you have downloaded the managed package, use the Setup Tab to get started quickly.
- API Credentials: For more advanced use cases such as Process Builder, Flow Builder or Broadcasting from a List View, setup API Credentials in your Salesforce org.