NEW: Media Templates
Media Templates have arrived! Media templates are templates over MMS.
- You can now add an attachment to a template. Upload a file to a template under Settings > Templates to turn it into a Media Template. If you send a template shortcut from anywhere using $template_keyword, Avochato will send the template and the attachment automatically.
- Media templates can be used throughout Avochato (anywhere you can use a regular template) including Auto-Responses, Keywords, Broadcasts, and more. Moving forward, the ideal way to send reusable media through automation like an Auto Response or Keyword is to simply set the auto-response to be the $template_keyword for a Media Template.
- A Media Template attachment is sent separately as an MMS and costs one additional segment per message, similar to MMS Broadcasting.
- Media Templates are limited to one attachment per template.
- Media Templates support all standard MMS file types including jpeg, png, gif, svg, pdf, vcard
- Search has been added to the Template Settings page
- A Template can now consist of just an attachment (i.e. an image, vcard, or pdf, with no additional text required)
NEW: Outbound-initiated Surveys
- Surveys now have their own magic shortcuts, similar to Campaigns, Templates and Custom Fields. Note: Templates can contain $survey shortcuts, and survey questions can contain $template shortcuts if you want to get fancy and mix-and-match.
- You can now initiate an outbound survey by sending $survey_keyword to a Contact. The survey shortcut will automagically start the survey and ask the first question.
- Surveys can be initiated by any Avochato message. Try sending them in Broadcasts, Live Chats, Campaigns, and more.
NEW: Custom Fields in the Contacts List
- Custom Field support has been added to the Contacts List. To add a custom field to your Contacts List, visit Settings > Custom Fields and click on a custom field, then toggle “Show As Column in Contacts List”. The field will appear as a new column.
- Click on a value for a given contact in the contact list and the list will filter on all contacts with that value for that field.
- The Contact List header now stays in place while you scroll for easier navigation
New Zapier Trigger Events – Opt In, Opt Out
You can now find updated Zapier triggers for new events:
- Contact Opt In
- Contact Opt Out
These triggers will setup a Zap using the new Account Opt in / Opt Out Webhooks. This is ideal for customers who are trying to sync Opt Outs to other systems or trigger custom automation the moment a contact “opts in”. These are triggered by either a text (“STOP”, “START”, custom opt in or opt out keywords) or an Avochato user using the Opt In / Opt Out buttons via the Interface.
Broadcasts – Default Conversations to Unassigned (optional)
This setting is Account-wide and can be found under Settings > Conversation Management.
When enabled, any conversation created or touched by a broadcast will be left unassigned. This should happen for both tickets that are created by the broadcast and pre-existing tickets that were already unassigned. The current default experience is to automatically assign conversations to available members of the auto-assignment roster the moment the broadcast message is delivered.
Keywords – Trigger during Office Hours Only (optional)
This setting is Keyword-specific and can be found under Settings > Keywords > Edit Keyword. Enable this setting to prevent a specific keyword from sending the response while your office is closed. Note: The keyword’s tag will still be applied, if it has one.
The ideal use case is for customers who want their end-users to receive their generic after-hours reply when customers try to engage their keywords and no one is available.