The Avochato WhatsApp Integration allows Avochato customers to send messages from an approved WhatsApp account to their customers. There are two ways to message contacts via WhatsApp:
- Templates: Outbound messages are sent to opted-in contacts in the form of templates approved by WhatsApp. These templates can have variables like order details or contact name. Templates need to be pre-approved by WhatsApp prior to sending.
- Session messages: If a contact initiates a conversation via an inbound message, customers can respond free form within 24 hours. Each new inbound message resets the 24 hour window for a response.
- Facebook Business Manager profile required.
- You need to have a plan to initiate sessions with approved templates or respond to inbound session messages.
- Phone numbers:
- If you have a US number with Avochato, we will likely be able to make it WhatsApp enabled.
- If you want to use a foreign number, we need to make sure we can get a mobile number from that country via our backend providers.
- May not be in one of WhatsApp’s prohibited commerce categories. See full list in “Prohibited Categories” at the bottom of this article.
Template messages: $0.005 per message + destination country rate (inquire about specific countries)
Session messages: $0.005 per message
- Complete this form to answer all the questions that are required for your application. Avochato will submit the application on your behalf. Please allow two weeks for this application to be processed.
- Once your application is approved, it is time to work on your WhatsApp Business profile. We will work with you to make sure your business name is displayed correctly and any additional information like your website and logo are included. We also will work to add all of your templates for approval. Information required here includes: Category, Language, and body of the message. Note, if you will only be responding to inbound messages, templates are not required. This registration process also will take up to 2 weeks to complete.
Once these steps are complete, your Avochato account will be loaded with your approved templates and your Avochato inbox will be WhatsApp enabled! Please reach to us at (415) 214-8977 or firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any additional questions.
The following are prohibited under WhatsApp’s policies. Examples are listed below and are representative, but not exhaustive.
- Illegal products or services - Businesses may not transact in the operations or exchange of illegal products or services.
- Drugs, whether prescription, recreational, or otherwise - Businesses may not transact in the sale of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs. Manufacturers and healthcare services who do not engage in direct sale are allowed.
- Tobacco items and related paraphernalia - Businesses may not transact in the sale of tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Alcohol - Businesses may not transact in the sale of alcohol.
- Unsafe ingestible supplements - Businesses may not transact in the sale of unsafe ingestible supplements, as determined by WhatsApp in its sole discretion.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives - Businesses may not transact in the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Animals - Businesses may not transact in the sale of any animals.
- Adult products or services - Businesses may not transact in the sale or use of adult products or services.
- Body parts and fluids - Businesses may not transact in the sale of human body parts or fluids.
- Medical and healthcare products - Businesses may not transact in certain healthcare products, including medical devices, and smoking cessation products containing nicotine. Manufacturers and healthcare services who do not engage in direct sale are allowed.
- Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning - Businesses may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner.
- Real money gambling services - Businesses may not transact in or facilitate gambling, games of skill, or lotteries, including online casinos, sports books, bingo, or poker if it costs money.
- Dating services - Businesses may not transact in or facilitate online dating services.
- Products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorized access to digital media - Businesses may not transact in the sale of devices that facilitate or encourage streaming digital content in an unauthorized manner or interfering with the functionality of electronic devices.
- Digital and subscription services, including links to or processing of any subscription sales, renewals, or upgrades - Businesses may not transact in the sale, including renewals and upgrades, etc., of digital content, digital subscriptions, or digital accounts.
- Business models, goods, items, or services that we determine may be or are fraudulent, misleading, offensive, or deceptive, or may be or are exploitative, inappropriate, or exert undue pressure on targeted groups - Businesses may not transact in deceptive, false, misleading, or offensive offers or products.
- Real, virtual, or fake currency - Businesses may not transact in the sale of real, virtual, or fake currency.
- Third-Party Infringement - Transactions may not contain content that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright or trademark. This includes, but is not limited to, the sale of counterfeit products, such as goods that copy the trademark (name or logo) and/or distinctive features of another company’s products to imitate a genuine product.